Available forward models
In the situation where the different realizations have different grids the basic BLOCK_OBS observation type can not be used for RFT observations. The GENDATA_RFT forward model job executes a script that creates a GEN_DATA result file based on the ECLIPSE state and a TVD based well log.
The GENDATA_RFT forward model job have 3 required input arguments and 1 optional:
GENDATA_RFT <eclbase> <path_to_trajectory_files> <well_and_time_file> <zonemap>
- the last argument <zonemap> is optional.
- Trajectory files:
Trajectory files naming: wellname.txt, e.g C-4H.txt
The names of the trajectory files must be equal to the wellnames listed in the well_and_time_file: For the entry C-4H 06 11 1997 66 in the <well_and_time_file> there must exist a trajectory file with the name C-4H.txt
Trajectory file format:
utm_x utm_y md tvd zone.....
- the fifth entry "zone" is only necessary if a zonemap is given as input.
wellname day month year report_step
e.g C-4H 06 11 1997 66
- zonemap (optional):
The zonemap maps k grid values to one or more zones.
1 TARBERT 2 TARBERT 3 TARBERT HEIMDAL 4 HEIMDAL 5 HEIMDAL
WIth zonemap, the GENDATA_RFT forward model job filters out simulated data points that are not in the correct zone by setting the data value to -1 and setting the data point inactive. When using a zonemap, the trajectory files must have a fifth entry; the zone for each observation: utm_x utm_y md tvd zone .....
When resolving each trajectory point position into a ijk grid value, the zone given in the trajectory file will be compared with the zone(s) for the k value in the zonemap. If zones are not equal, the data point is set inactive.
For each entry in the <well_and_time_file>, the GENDATA_RFT script creates:
- A GEN_DATA result file with name "RFT_wellname_reportstep",
- An active file.
- A inactive_info file (only written if any inactive cells)
E.g for the entry C-4H 06 11 1997 66 in the well_and_time_file, result files RFT_C-4H_66 and RFT_C-4H_66_active are created.
If there are any inactive points, the script will write a file RFT_wellname_report_step_inactive_info file (e.g RFT_C-4H_66_inactive_info).
- The lines in the inactive_info file are on one of the following formats:
INACTIVE wellname date trajectorypoint ZONE_MISMATCH wellname date TrajectoryPoint k-value zone(s) OUTSIDE_GRID wellname date trajectorypoint ZONEMAP_MISSING_VALUE: wellname date trajectorypoint k-value None
OUTSIDE_GRID E-3H 1998-08-30 TrajectoryPoint(utm_x=458909.026, utm_y=7324916.77, measured_depth=2797.4, true_vertical_depth=2684.644) ZONE_MISMATCH E-3H 1998-08-30 TrajectoryPoint(utm_x=458909.026, utm_y=7324916.77, measured_depth=2797.4, true_vertical_depth=2684.644, zone='TARBERT') 29 HEIMDAL ZONEMAP_MISSING_VALUE F-4AH 2007-10-20 TrajectoryPoint(utm_x=461000.220078, utm_y=7323584.085742, measured_depth=2563.312256, true_vertical_depth=2563.312256, zone='TARBERT') 1 None
Meaning of labels:
- OUTSIDE_GRID: Point on trajectory is outside of grid
- ZONE_MISMATCH: Zone given in the trajectory file for the point is not equal to the zone(s) for the k in zonemap
- ZONEMAP_MISSING_VALUE: A point on the trajectory resolves to a k value not listed in the zonemap
- INACTIVE: Cell has been set inactive for other reasons; not part of grid or set inactive during simulation